[Evolution-hackers] search keyserver(s) for recipient public key

Greetings.

I enjoy using evolution (I'm using it to send this email), and have
hacked several open source projects in the past.

I was hoping to add a feature to evolution to search keyserver(s) for
the recipient's public key, and then encrypt the email if available.
Any pointers on how to do this and then share the code is welcome.

Thanks,
Chris
chrislacy.net