Re: [Evolution-hackers] Rethinking account management

On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 11:27 +0200, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> > Doing his will finally make it possible to configure address books and
> > calendars for E-D-S independently of Evolution.  With that in place, we
> > can start adding some nice desktop integration.
>
> Has there already been a manifestation of that Evo-independent backend
> configuration?

I haven't actually split them off from Evolution yet, but the address
book and calendar configuration modules are here under the "book-config"
and "cal-config" directories:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/tree/modules?h=account-mgmt

They replace the equivalent EPlugins currently on the master branch.
However they require base classes which are not presently in master,
such as ESourceConfig and ESourceConfigBackend.

Making them Evo-independent is just a matter of moving those directories
and required base classes to Evolution-Data-Server.  If there's time
I'll try to do that for 3.4, or I may let them remain in Evolution for
3.4 and move them to E-D-S for 3.6.  We'll see how things play out.