Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evo/E-D-S security (libs) long-term plans

On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 09:51 +0200, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> > with the current eds (upcoming 3.2.0) you can pass parameters via
> > ECredentials, same as you do with e_passwords_ask_password, thus
> > yes, this is doable from book/cal backends now too.
>
> Hum, is ECredentials something a backend can actively request? With
> NSS, we need to register an NSS callback function in our backend,
> which is called by...

	Hi,
ECredentials is used with "authenticate-user" callbacks now. Check its
usage in ECalBackend/EBookBackend sources, with the comments there. I
guess it's easier to point you there than to rewrite it here. Also check
documentation on ECredentials itself, how to modify the password prompt.
As I said, it's similar like in camel now, thus if you are able to
invoke this in camel, then you should be able to do the same in book/cal
backends as well. Also check comment around e_cal_backend_open() method
(the pretty same comment is on e_book_backend_open(), there's only
replaced 'cal' with 'book').
	Bye,
	Milan