Re: [Evolution-hackers] Camel Authentication Changes

On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 01:14 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > The "mechanism" argument refers to the user's preferred SASL
> mechanism.
> > This will usually be taken from "url->authmech"
>
> That's fine at the moment, but the fact that we have to explicitly
> choose *one* mechanism in advance ought to be considered a bug. In the
> future, we ought to simply try *any* of the methods that the server
> offers today, in some order of preference. So we could try Kerberos,
> fall back to NTLM, etc. These changes seem to have made that harder to
> fix.

	Hi,
I'm against this. I recall hearing from some users that their servers
automatically lock user account after three consecutive failed
authentication tries, thus what you suggest may easily mean that they
will never login. It's better, from my point of view, to let user choose
the right method to use. You know, I like to have my application under
control, as trying to be smart doesn't always mean to be smart.
	Bye,
	Milan