Re: [Evolution-hackers] 32 bit IDs in contact file backend

On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 15:59 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > I haven checked if other backend's would need this virtual function
> > though. Maybe webdav might use it ?
>
> And then what? Build and maintain out-of-tree MeeGo versions of all
> backends? Quite frankly, patching the existing backends sounds less
> risky to me. Of course, including these changes upstream would be
> best.

	Hi,
I'm not sure if I got it right, but such workarounds are just wrong from
my point of view. You cannot force servers to use certain types of IDs
because of constraints given by application which tries to connect to
it.

Your interface between QtContacts and eds may hide this QtContacts
implementation detail, to be able to support any book backend, current
or future. This might not be done in eds backend itself, from my point
of view.

That's my opinion, at least.
	Bye,
	Milan