Re: [Evolution-hackers] e_cal_remove_object_with_mod() + empty rid: semantic?

On Do, 2011-05-12 at 13:17 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-05-12 at 12:44 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > I found this in e-data-cal-view.c notify_remove():
> >
> > 280           /* TODO: store ECalComponentId instead of just uid*/
> > 281           uid = g_strdup (id->uid);
> > 282           g_array_append_val (priv->removes, uid);
> >
> > In other words, removes always come without rid, even if the actual
> > event that was removed was not the parent but a detached recurrence.
> > It'll lead to a change of the D-Bus API. For "master" that shouldn't
> > be a problem, but I also want this in MeeGo for KCal-EDS, based on
> > 2.32. I guess we have to bite the bullet and maintain a MeeGo
> version
> > with a different API than regular 2.32.x.
>
>         Hi,
> I noticed it too, recently (at the beginning of this week, actually).
> I suggest to not change the D-Bus API, rather encode the string pair
> into the string, like "uid\nrid". I was planning to do so in the
> master branch, but didn't do that yet.

That's still a D-Bus API change: a libecal which receives a UID entry in
that format won't know what to do with it. But it'll be easier to
implement that way, so I'll give it a try first.

I'll do it as <uid>[\n<rid>] so that entries without an rid continue to
look exactly like the current ones.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly