Re: [Evolution-hackers] Cache encryption

On Fri, 2011-03-04 at 12:58 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> I wasn't planning to do any of the actual crypto code directly in
> Evolution; I was planning to use NSS for that. The additional
> functionality would presumably live inside #ifdef CAMEL_HAVE_NSS, like a
> lot of other code in e-d-s already does.

Only thing I ask is to not make Camel lean on E-D-S libraries any more
than it already does, even if that means duplicating some code in Camel
and E-D-S.  Although Camel still links to libedataserver for historical
reasons, conceptually at least it resides lower in the shared library
stack than E-D-S, alongside things like libsoup.  I've been trying to
nudge Camel toward severing that dependency for quite a while now.