Re: [Evolution-hackers] Categories

On Thu, 2011-06-23 at 07:14 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> When saving a task or event over a CalDAV collection Evolution sends a
> CATEGORIES attribute like:
>
> CLASS:PUBLIC
> CATEGORIES:Favorites\,Gifts\,Goals/Objectives
> PERCENT-COMPLETE:0
>
> Looking at RFC2445 I'm pretty sure this is wrong.  Shouldn't it be:
>
> CLASS:PUBLIC
> CATEGORIES:Favorite,Gifts,Goals/Objectives
> PERCENT-COMPLETE:0
>
> From the RFC:
>    of the calendar component. The categories are useful in searching for
>    a calendar component of a particular type and category. Within the
>    "VEVENT", "VTODO" or "VJOURNAL" calendar components, more than one
>    category can be specified as a list of categories separated by the
>    COMMA character (US-ASCII decimal 44).
>
>    Example: The following are examples of this property:
>
>      CATEGORIES:APPOINTMENT,EDUCATION
>
> Why is evolution escaping the comma?
>
>      CATEGORIES:MEETING

Yes, you should definitely file a bug report for this.  RFC5545, which
is the update to 2445, definitively makes this clear in section 3.8.1.2
as:

   Format Definition:  This property is defined by the following
      notation:

       categories = "CATEGORIES" catparam ":" text *("," text)
                    CRLF

       catparam   = *(
                  ;
                  ; The following is OPTIONAL,
                  ; but MUST NOT occur more than once.
                  ;
                  (";" languageparam ) /
                  ;
                  ; The following is OPTIONAL,
                  ; and MAY occur more than once.
                  ;
                  (";" other-param)
                  ;
                  )

As well as giving the same example.

Regards,
					Andrew McMillan.

andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com                            +64(272)DEBIAN
         Flexibility is overrated.  Constraints are liberating.