[Evolution-hackers] evolution-ews timezone handling bug

Hi All,

Now that I've got evolution-ews working with UTC, I noticed that we have
another bug with the handling of timezones that don't do daylight
savings (it's not just UTC ... you can see the same thing with
America/Phoenix for the same reason).

To See the bug, Just schedule 12 recurring monthly meetings in a no DST
timezone.  If you use OWA to view the first meeting after your native
timezone shifts in or out of DST, you'll see that the meeting you
created wrongly shifts with you.  Note that the bug only happens with
recurring meetings.  If you schedule a single instance meeting across
DST boundaries, it all comes out right.

The reason for the email is that I'm not sure where the bug lies.
Clearly the Exchange Server is adding DST rules where none are present.
We send timezone information for non-DST timezones as

<MeetingTimezone><BaseOffset/></MeetingTimeZone>

With no <Standard/> or <Daylight/> elements

The best practises document

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb738399%28v=exchg.80%29.aspx

Indicates that this is exactly the correct way to specify no DST zones
(it even gives phoenix as an example).

I'm connecting to exchange 2010, so could people with other exchange
servers verify they also see this bug?  and, if you see the bug, does
Outlook share it and if not, what is outlook sending to the server for
non-DST scheduled meetings?

Thanks,

James