Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution requesting info on every year from 2011 down to 65535

On Mon, 2011-02-21 at 14:08 +0100, Carlos Martín Nieto wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 08:21 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
> > On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 00:48 +0100, Carlos Martín Nieto wrote:
> > >  I've attached the backtrace for a year of 167 (I think) though I don't
> > > think it gives much information. This happens even if I have my main
> > > calendar off (which I think it's the only one with recurring events).
> >
> > 	Hi,
> > this is from your CalDAV calendar, based on the backtrace. Try to get
> > the component which is causing this trouble, and see whether there is
> > something wrong either with that component or with evolution. You can
> > achieve that if you breakpoint as you did earlier, then move to frame
> > of e_cal_backend_sexp_match_comp function and invoke gdb command:
> >    (gdb) printf "%s\n", e_cal_component_get_as_string (comp)
> > then strip any private information (the best by replacing with 'x' or
> > similar letter) and maybe share it here, if you think it's correct,
> > or better file a bug report and post here a link to it.
>
>  I'm not sure whose fault it is, but the
> RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;UNTIL=20110219;INTERVAL=-1;BYDAY=WE line looks
> suspicous. I've checked on the Google Calendar and even there it says it
> repeats each -1 weeks :S
>
>  So I'm going to write up a patch to ignore intervals < 0 (maybe < 1
> better?)

Hi Carlos,

From RFC5545:

      The INTERVAL rule part contains a positive integer representing at
      which intervals the recurrence rule repeats.  The default value is
      "1", meaning every second for a SECONDLY rule, every minute for a
      MINUTELY rule, every hour for an HOURLY rule, every day for a
      DAILY rule, every week for a WEEKLY rule, every month for a
      MONTHLY rule, and every year for a YEARLY rule.  For example,
      within a DAILY rule, a value of "8" means every eight days.

So yes: 0 is also invalid, as you would expect :-)

Cheers,
					Andrew.

andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com                            +64(272)DEBIAN
                        To be is to program.