Re: [Evolution-hackers] Testing Evolution 3.x

2011/2/8 Onyeibo Oku <twohot fedoraproject org>:
> On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 15:21 +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:
>>
>> Or you can also use GNOME3 live image : http://gnome3.org/tryit.html :)
>>

> BLUNDER 101:
> ------------
>
> I know this might upset the geeks but I screwed up big time.  The
> Gnome-3 ISO wasn't cooperating when burnt so I decided to use the USB
> option (was giving me similar errors as with the fedora test ISOs).  So
> what is the big blunder, you may ask?
>
> Everything was going fine until the usb-image-writer stopped at 100% for
> a few minutes.  It appeared to have hanged so .... I quit the terminal
> and pulled the drive.  I now have a stick with CD-ROM partition having
> incomplete data and I don't know how to revert to the beginning. Hope
> someone here can give me an idea how to remove the CD-ROM partition so I
> can exercise 'patience' in full and get the desired results

This depends on kernel buffering and usb stick write speed.

You shouldn't have removed the key.

Just re-run the tool and really wait until it is complete and
everything will be fine.

If you want to reset it for another use, run dd if=/dev/zero
of=/dev/sdX bs=1M count=10 (where X is the letter corresponding to the
stick,
you can check with the tool) and you should be able to repartition it
(after unplugging and replugging it).

--
Frederic Crozat