[Evolution-hackers] help debugging a disk-space leak ...

Hi there,

	I have (perhaps) an unusal setup - I get mail to an IMAP inbox, and
then filter much of it off to local storage, and move the rest manually
as I need to.

	I have around 1000 mostly short, text only messages in my IMAP inbox;
and yet:

du -m /home/michael/.local/share/evolution/mail/groupwise/mmeeks prv1-3 novell com/folders/INBOX/cur  | tail -n 1
2562	/home/michael/.local/share/evolution/mail/groupwise/mmeeks prv1-3 novell com/folders/INBOX/cur

	2.5 Gb is a tad large for that.

	Interestingly, the side-panel says "760 unread, 876 total", whereas the
right-click->properties says:

	Unread messages		 760
	Total messages		2711

	and of course, I've got "synchronise for off-line use" set.

	So ... how should I go about debugging that ? I assume that blowing
away the entire folders directory there, and just re-building it from
the server is the easy/cheating hack-around the problem but ...

	Thoughts appreciated.

	Thanks,

		Michael.

--
 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot