Re: [Evolution-hackers] Calendar PIM objects with inlined attachments

On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 10:04 +0200, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> We could use Evolution's file-link attachment mechanism by writing into Evos
> file cache from the backend and placing the file paths into the ECalComponent
> when reading calendar objects from the Kolab server, and read attachment file
> data from this same cache when creating a new object with attached files. We
> found a whole lot of issues with this approach (at least for Evo2.30), which I
> can detail if anyone is interested.

	Hi,
CalDAV calendar plugin uses this approach, and it seems to work. It's
surely better than passing rather-long attachments over the wire (D-Bus)
in both ways. Check the CalDAV sources how it's done there, maybe you
would be able to mimic that approach.
	Hope that helps,
	Milan