Re: [Evolution-hackers] EDS improvements for MeeGo

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 6:24 PM, Patrick Ohly <patrick ohly gmx de> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have published some more information about our plans for MeeGo:
> http://wiki.meego.com/Architecture/planning/evolution-data-server
> http://wiki.meego.com/Architecture/planning/evolution-data-server/eds-improvements
I was going through the eds-improvements part of it. In the
performance improvement
mentioned at 'Optional parsing of data in the client'. I was wondering
if having a new lib[ecal/ebook]
api that can return two kind of meta data,
+ one for populating the view [similar to message-info in mailer]
+ for querying the changed information [mentioned at 'change tracking+
atomic updates' section'.

Thick clients like evolution can still use the existing apis to avoid
much changes unless there is a significant improvement
in performance.. Maybe good to have some profiling data as well ?

- Chenthill.