Re: [Evolution-hackers] Can't build evolution-data-server master on ubuntu maverick

On Mon, 2010-09-06 at 23:27 +0200, Thomas Mittelstaedt wrote:
> [...]

	Hi,
well, 2.9x is a development version of gtk3. Try the latest
non-development version, like 2.20 from:
http://www.gtk.org/download-linux.html

It might mean it's using your system gtk+. I gave you a commit link at
the first reply, which contains that -DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED removal,
so you probably do not have latest master checkout for some reason, I
guess. Seeing the code, isn't it possible that the makefile checkouts
gnome-2-30 branch instead of the master branch? I ask because the above
mentioned configure.ac change doesn't seem to be part of gnome-2-30
branch.

Using master is a good idea, especially in this stage (few weeks before
release), thus it'll have more testing, which is always good.

With respect of compiling without the Paul's makefile, I do not use the
makefile myself, so I do not know what it does or doesn't, but that one
also checks for dependencies within the configure stage, so you can try
to configure the checkout yourself and see what it'll claim about, if
anything.
	Bye,
	Milan