Re: [Evolution-hackers] [evolution-kolab] Datastructures for calendar data

On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 10:00 +0200, Hendrik Helwich wrote:
> I understand this point for recurring events. In the Kolab format it
> is only allowed to store time data in UTC format (see 1.2.1 in [1]).
> So we have to think how we can handle this problem in our software.

	Hi,
aha, pity they do not support any timezone, though I understand it's
easier for them to understand only UTC and nothing else. Try whether you
are able to store your own elements in the XML on the server, and if so,
then I would add there a location of the timezone user used for the
event, and when parsing back from XML then convert times to that
timezone too. If they'll reject your own elements, then it'll be bad and
you would have no option to keep user's timezone on component.

Also note of e_cal_backend_set_default_zone and
e_cal_backend_internal_get_default_timezone; I would extend usage of the
default timezone to convert UTC times of events to this timezone, if the
user's timezone is not present. Though it'll be better to do some
testing whether such extension wouldn't bring more trouble than gain.
	Bye,
	Milan