Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution 2.91 installation error

Am Freitag, den 05.11.2010, 10:45 +0100 schrieb Stefano Facchini:

> >> Maybe can this depend on the fact that I have an Evolution 2.30
> >> installed from ubuntu repository?
> >>

> > Could well be. I had the same problem and I did a
> > "LDFLAGS=-L/opt/evo/lib" when I called autogen:
> >
> > cd evo-src/evolution
> >  PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/evo/lib/pkgconfig/  CC='ccache gcc' CFLAGS=-g
> > LDFLAGS=-L/opt/evo/lib NOCONFIGURE=y  bash ./autogen.sh
> > --prefix='/opt/evo' --disable-deprecated-warning-flags
> >
> > cd ../obj/evolution
> >
> > PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/evo/lib/pkgconfig/  CC='ccache gcc' CFLAGS=-g
> > LDFLAGS=-L/opt/evo/lib   bash ../../evolution/autogen.sh
> > --prefix='/opt/evo' --disable-deprecated-warning-flags
> >
> > Just built the whole thing and it ran through except for some help files
> > at the end. Do a "make -k" to get to the end.
> >

> > --
> > thomas
> >

> Hi, are you suggesting to install evolution in /opt/evo or should I
> change it with /usr/local (where I put my compiled
> evolution-data-server)? I think the latter, but it didn't work. Here's
> what I did:

/usr/local should be okay, too. I just chose /opt/evo in order to have a
completely separate tree which I can blow away with rm -rf. You can't do
that with /usr/local, since there usually is other software installed.

> $ make clean
> $ PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/  CC='ccache gcc' CFLAGS=-g
> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib NOCONFIGURE=y  bash ./autogen.sh
> --prefix='/usr/local' --disable-deprecated-warning-flags
> $ make
> $ sudo make install
> and then the same error complaining about camel.

What are the exact error messages? Do you compile in separate object
directories as I outlined above. Remove all existing evo-src/obj/gtkhml,
evo-src/obj/evolution-data-server and evo-src/obj/evolution directories,
recreate them, and do the autogen, configure and build.

--
thomas