Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evo and Kolab2 - a fresh attempt

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 2:45 PM, Christian Hilberg
<hilberg kernelconcepts de> wrote:
> Hi Matthew,
>
> On Tuesday, 25 May 2010, you wrote:
>> Hi Christian,
>> This sounds pretty cool and would be a welcome addition to the Evolution
>> suite.
>
> Good. :)
>
>> On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 19:29 +0200, Christian Hilberg wrote:
>> > [...]
>> I know of no other active Evolution/Kolab2 project at the moment.
>
> Well, then we're good to go.
>
>> [...]
>> We prefer backends for groupware servers to be packaged as a standalone
>> extension module for Evolution.  See for example evolution-exchange and
>> evolution-mapi (and I believe the GroupWise backends will soon be split
>> off similarly).
>
> Thanks for the hint. We'll try it that way then.

Look at MAPI design. Its way of organizing code, cache handlers which
are good. Groupwise tbh wasn't designed/written the best possible way
or it was done when the infrastructure was just being developed in
parallel.

-Srini.