[Evolution-hackers] The aftermath of converting to Evo 2.30.1.1 from pre-SQLlite

Last night my very old Evolution version was upgraded.
I have looked into almost all of my scores of subfolders and sub-sub-folders that once contained thousands of messages.
- some folders are empty, especially sub-sub-folders
   (including, ironically, my evo-mail-list folders)
- some appear intact and the emails readable
- many emails return the following after launching 2.30.1.1, Quitting, and re-launching:
Unable to retrieve message
Cannot get message: 9489 from folder /home/danlj/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox.sbd/Mayo-System The folder appears to be irrecoverably corrupted.
Aside from the annoyance of having a faulty conversion process, is there a recovery process established?

thanks