Re: [Evolution-hackers] imapx: Avoid running FETCH_NEW_MESSAGES and REFRESH_INFO jobs simultaneously

On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 11:32 +0530, chen wrote:

> I was just thinking whether we would need the logic to fetch new
> messages from refresh_info job at-all while scanning for changes. We
> fetch new messages always before scanning for changes, so ideally
> scan_changes should only sync the flags.
>
> At this point, fetching new messages from scan_changes would be used
> very rarely if there was any message deleted wrongly in cache

Or if messages come in between the call to fetch_new_message() and the
later call to scan_changes().

And in fact there are a few other places that this can happen and we can
get flags for messages we've never heard about -- it happens in IDLE
too, or on NOOP, and in SELECT when we're using QRESYNC.

I was thinking of having a per-folder list of 'messages for which we
only have flags', and all those places can just append to it. And
something, somewhere, will check for it and trigger a fetch of the
headers. But it still won't care *why* we were told ;)

--
dwmw2