Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evo won't display special characters

On Sun, 2010-07-11 at 16:00 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

> We seem to be ignoring the <META HTTP-EQUIV...> tag in the HTML itself,
> which is trying to override the Content-Type: header and _is_ correctly
> specifying the character set.

Hrm. That _is_ actually supported by gtkhtml, but evolution disables
that feature and does the charset conversion _for_ us.

We could perhaps put a dirty hack into em_format_format_text() which
will peek at HTML content and look for the <META HTTP-EQUIV...> tag, but
that's horrid -- it would be nicer if we could intercept the signal that
gtkhtml's htmltokenizer is already sending to itself, and use that as a
trigger to redisplay the mime part in question.

David Woodhouse intel com                              Intel Corporation