[Evolution-hackers] Is camel_operation_* threadsafe?

Hi,

I was just investigating some strange thing in evolutions (2.28.2)
maildir provider:

The operation "Consistency check" just hung at 0% on an freshly emptied
folder (evolution seemed to work, but would not shut down anymore).

While I was adding debug printfs to maildir_summary_check() somehow this
bug went away (classical heisenbug ;)). I could not reproduce it
anymore.

Since this behavior seems to be caused by some random effects I was
wondering if there are any known non thread-safe operations used here.
Since the folder only contained . and .. entries, and the status message
never made it to 50% I assume that

line 597: camel_operation_progress(NULL, pc);

did not work as intended.

Or, if the status message was simply not updated, the thread would
crash/hang somewhere in:

	closedir(dir);
	g_hash_table_foreach(left, (GHFunc)remove_summary, &rd);
	g_hash_table_destroy(left);

	camel_operation_end(NULL);

Those operations should be well tested, right? So were can this bug come
from?

regards

Christoph