[Evolution-hackers] edbus branch review ...

Hi guys,

	I have a new fun branch (to review for merging)

	mmeeks-gdbus-import

	So I am wickedly piling up other misc. fixes in there (so they don't
mask other issues) - but I have the edbus code imported, and running -
and, indeed, it seems to block rather less nastily than the dbus-glib
variants[1]: which is all good.

	It is essentially the work from origin/treitter-client-gdbus but adding
the 'refresh' method, and of course porting it all to the internal copy
of 'libedbus.so'.

	This should let us stick with glib-2.28 (what I'm using), and yet get
the benefits of moving closer to what gdbus will be in the end (I hope)
- as well as the interactivity wins. I incorporate the fairly simple
perl script I used to do the substitution in the first instance.

	Why am I telling you this ? - I'd love some review of course; I've been
playing with calendar & addressbook here for a bit; but would greatly
appreciate some more input. Particularly since I didn't write the
original gdbus port.

	I'd also -really- like to get this in soonish;

	Thoughts / flameage ? :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.

[1] - which seems to like blocking the mainloop any time any other
thread does a synchronous call (not optimal).
--
 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot

This is a version of David Zeuthan's gdbus code, intended for inclusion in glib.

Until it is included, it helps us to have a copy to work with included in Evolution.

Of course, some regexps are required to rename g_dbus -> e_dbus etc. to avoid potential symbol conflicts.

The code is taken from:

git://anongit.freedesktop.org/~david/gdbus-standalone commit 7457cdc8863f08163c48de455e8cd7469b0fe876

With a number of fixes layered on top.

Also included is a renamed copy of gvariant from glib commit 1433655e23634446b990d1cf782b22ad6430496a

perl script to in-place re-write code using g_dbus:

#!/usr/bin/perl -pi.bak

s/G_VARIANT/E_VARIANT/g;
s/G_TYPE_VARIANT/E_TYPE_VARIANT/g;
s/GVariant/EVariant/g;