Re: [Evolution-hackers] Build failures with latest git in evolution-mapi

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 17:45 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
> > OTOH, you are better of sticking with the released version of openchange
> > and samba. 0.9 and alpha10 respectively. I don't think evo-mapi uses the
> > latest svn revision of openchange anymore. Johnny would know better.
>
> I've been using the very latest from the openchange SVN server, just
> like the very latest from the Evo git server.
>
> If that's not right, do the various downstream folks know that there's a
> version dependency here?  Or, do we just not anticipate a new openchange
> release?

Distros should be sticking to official releases, and I don't anticipate
an OpenChange 0.10 release before GNOME 2.30.  If distros push packages
into unreleased territory, it's up to them to apply patches.

That said, if we -can- accommodate unreleased API churn in external
dependencies without breaking anything, great.  But I wouldn't call it a
showstopper.

Matthew Barnes