Re: [Evolution-hackers] Rethinking account management
- From: Matthew Barnes <mbarnes redhat com>
- To: Rob Bradford <rob robster org uk>
- Cc: evolution-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] Rethinking account management
- Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 15:36:24 -0500
On Sun, 2010-12-19 at 18:38 +0000, Rob Bradford wrote:
> > Signals: void (*load_error) (ESourceRegistry *registry,
> > GFile *file,
> > GQuark error_domain,
> > gint error_code,
> > const gchar *error_message);
> There is obviously a reason why you wrote this .. but I can't see it.
> Why can't you use const GError * here?
I've been second guessing myself on that too. I think it was because I
was worried someone would write a signal handler that improperly frees
the GError, or propagates it, or some other memory-corrupting operation.
But I guess I was just being overly paranoid. A const GError should
] [Thread Prev