Re: [Evolution-hackers] Rethinking account management

On Sun, 2010-12-19 at 18:38 +0000, Rob Bradford wrote:
> > Signals:        void    (*load_error)           (ESourceRegistry *registry,
> >                                                 GFile *file,
> >                                                 GQuark error_domain,
> >                                                 gint error_code,
> >                                                 const gchar *error_message);
>
> There is obviously a reason why you wrote this .. but I can't see it.
> Why can't you use const GError * here?

I've been second guessing myself on that too.  I think it was because I
was worried someone would write a signal handler that improperly frees
the GError, or propagates it, or some other memory-corrupting operation.
But I guess I was just being overly paranoid.  A const GError should
work fine.