Re: [Evolution-hackers] go-evolution.org

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 12:24 PM, Nirav Kumar<knirav novell com> wrote:
> Hi Andre,
> Migrating Wiki to live.gnome.org/evolution may be difficult with the
> high data content that evolution wiki holds.

I don't see a high data content. There are Camel docs, plugin docs,
some design docs about shell and threading, most of which will have to
change anyway, soon. And most of the other links originating from the
go-evolution home page points to obsolete contents. There are some
test cases, but iirc they are stored in Novell testopia already.

> I would believe that installing captcha and updating drupple should be
> able to provide the desired results.I am working with Novell IS&T and
> hope to have something positive in next few days.

These two are the problems at the moment. But by moving to
live.gnome.org, there are other benefits like:

- we align more with the rest of the Gnome projects
- one place to search docs for all projects and easy to link to docs
of other project pages, say libsoup.
- no need to create yet-another-new-account to edit evo project pages.
anyone with a gnome account can edit pages.

and above all,

- Gnome sysadmins are easily reachable for non-Novell folks to report
and rectify any problems, than Novell IS&T. There will be a single
point of contact for admin related issues.

If all these does not convince you, you can save dollars on the
storage space for the site ;-) . So imho, it is definitely worth
moving to live.gnome.org .