[Evolution-hackers] GAL Question

I am new to the mailing list.  I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask such a question.

I've configured my evolution account to work with my company's exchange global address list, and that appears to work OK.
However, often the GAL server goes offline.  I would like to make an offline copy of the GAL to my local computer so that I don't depend on the server too much.

Is there a way I can get a dump of the address book and copy it locally?

I tried doing an "Advanced Search" based on email address containing "@mydomian.com" but it says that the backend refused to process the search.
I was hoping I could select all the contacts in the resulting search and drag and drop them to another location.

Any help on the above matter would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin