Re: [Evolution-hackers] go-evolution.org

On Sun, 2009-07-12 at 21:31 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 00:24 +0200, Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
> > Le mardi 24 février 2009 à 00:44 +0100, Andre Klapper a écrit :
> > > Hej hej Parag!
> > >
> > > Some Novell folks told me that you maintain go-evolution.org which is
> > > constantly spammed by bots, see Gilles' email here:
> > > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-hackers/2009-February/msg00005.html
> > >
> > > For a quick solution, can you please remove the account "GetelNovia"?
> > >
> > > Any proposals for a long term solution, like updating the wiki software
> > > (captchas etc)?
> > >
> > Any updates on this stuff, I'm now confronted with spambots which create
> > random accounts and write spam to their user page.
> >
> > See:
> > http://www.go-evolution.org/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&days=30&limit=500
> >

> I don't know how feasible this is, but what do you guys think about
> eventually migrating the wiki to live.gnome.org/evolution.  All the
> pages could be rooted from there, e.g.:
>
>   go-evolution.org/FAQ -> live.gnome.org/evolution/FAQ
>
> I have no idea who has admin rights to the wiki nor whether those
> person(s) even maintain it anymore.  I also have not been able to get a
> straight answer out of anyone after asking repeatedly for admin rights.
I heard from srini that he got the rights from parag but does not seem
to see the admin page when he logs in. So not sure who has it exactly.

> I presume live.gnome.org is actively maintained with stronger anti-spam
> measures, and I think it's a more suitable place for Evolution content.
> Plus, it would be easier to link to other GNOME-related information on
> that wiki.
+1. Just one small concern, we have considerable amount of data in
go-evolution.org, would it be good to have everything in
live.gnome.org ?

Thanks, Chenthill.