Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution maintainership

On Wed, 2009-07-01 at 04:06 -0600, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> This mail is to announce some of the role changes in the Evolution project. I have been thinking about this for a long time, and I feel that this is the best time to implement them.
>
> I am proud to announce Chenthill P (chen) as the new Evolution maintainer. He is a long time contributor to the Evolution project and has been working in the project for over 5 years.  He is well known in the community for his expertise in Calendar component and has been its maintainer for the last 4 years.  He has been one of the prime contributors for the Groupwise provider and Microsoft Exchange Calendar. A few of his notable contributions include libical integration with System timezone for better Daylight savings support, single-model-view design of Calendar MVC and removal of libical fork.   He has mentored interns and GSOC students on Calendar search improvements, Microsoft Exchange Delegation support, Google Calendar integration etc.
>
> I am also proud to announce that Matthew Barnes (mbarnes) is joining Chenthill and support him as the Evolution co-maintainer. He has been contributing towards Evolution for over 3 years and is the Mail maintainer for the last 2 years. He has made significant contributions towards obsoleting several libraries, and helping to migrate to newer technologies. He has been working on Kill-Bonobo which is a major revamp of Evolution Shell. This involves rewriting Evolution components and UI which is a focus area for Evolution 3.0.
>
> Going forward, I will be focusing on improving evolution infrastructure for netbooks and other devices; chen and mbarnes would be driving the Evolution project direction and releases.
>
> Please join me in congratulating chen and mbarnes, and in wishing them good luck in their new roles.

Congratulations Chenthill and Matthew.  Big thanks to Srini and all the
contributors/team members for the consistent and dedicated efforts for
Evolution.

I'm confident that the trio will better their predecessors in keeping
Evolution as one of the best mailers around. :-)

V. Varadhan