Re: [Evolution-hackers] Error Reporting in libebook

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 13:13 +0100, Matthias Braun wrote:
> I think it would be a good idea to have an additional API to report more
> details along the error messages. Do you agree with this? It's probably
> not optimal as you don't want translatable strings in evolution and
> can't even translate the messages returned by the server. I still think
> this would be way better than "Other Error".

The DBus port will allow the server to send textual messages along with
the code, which I'd like to expose in libebook.

Of course, if we're breaking API, then switching to GError would make
things a lot nicer.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                           www: http://burtonini.com