Re: [Evolution-hackers] MAPI support not even close... ?!?! Can I help?

On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 14:39 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 14:25 -0500, Paul Smith wrote:
> > I tried this and it's a disaster.  Every single attempt to connect
> > the Exchange 2007 server causes Evolution to dump core.  I had to
> start
> > it with --offline to keep it up long enough that I could delete my
> > Exchange MAPI account.
>
> I vaguely remembered that you have to use the Exchange server IP
> address, not hostname (lame!!) so I tried that and I did get it to
> connect without crashing this time (uber-lame!!)

This crash seems to be a issue with the specific distro builds. In suse,
this was solved with compiler flags such as -Bsymbolic (nasty!)

Since we are using samba4 for libmapi and most of the distros ship
samba3, there were namespace collision caused by some krb5_* symbols.