Re: [Evolution-hackers] External editor plugin

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 17:27 -0300, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to addapt the external editor plugin for evolution to work more
> or less as this feature in claws-mail.  I think it should be invoked
> from the composer, and edit only the body of the mail, no the To:
> Subject: etc fields; and to be able to configure it to run automaticaly
> when the composer started.  I've never wrote a plugin for evolution, and
> I started reading the docs, but I haven't found any part talking about
> the composer, so I wondered if this is possible.  What do you think of
> the idea?

Will such a workflow be not best done by having vi/emacs style
key-bindings for the composer body area , rather than opening a external
program ?

I have not seen how this is done in claws-mail. Is it external editor
embedded into the composer body area ?

> I noticed that [0] and [1] are differents.  What version should I use?
>
> Greetings.
>
> 0:
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/evolution/trunk/doc/devel/evolution-plugin-manual.xml?view=markup
> 1:
> http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/developer-doc/eplugin/index.html

Sadly, both these versions does not have all the hooks covered yet
afaik. You can start with (1). We will be updating the plugin doc soon.

--
Sankar