Re: [Evolution-hackers] [Fwd: Evolution: Taking forward...]

Hi Michael,

OK, I'll try to give that permission - but:

a) I'll do so explicitly for code contributions that are mentioned in the Evolution and evolution-data-server ChangeLogs and

b) I'll explicitly give permission to re-license to lgplv3 or gplv3, not lgplv2 which I find to permissive.

I (Jules Colding) hereby grant permission to re-license to the Lesser General Public License version 3 (but specifically NOT LGPLv2) or the General Public License version 3 anything which is currently (as of yesterday) in the official Evolution source tree, provided:

1) that I personally own the copyrights of said code

2) are legally able to give the permission

3) and that the code in question is covered by one of or more of the following ChangeLog entries for evolution-data-server or Evolution:

ChangeLog entries for evolution-data-server:

2007-05-16  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

* backends/vcf/e-book-backend-vcf.c (load_file): Fix file descriptor leak.
	(save_file): Cleanup. Fix file descriptor leak.

	* tests/vcard/dump-vcard.c (main): Fix file descriptor leak

2007-05-16  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

	* backends/groupwise/e-cal-backend-groupwise.c (fetch_attachments):
	Do not close() if (fd == -1)

* backends/groupwise/e-cal-backend-groupwise-utils.c (set_attachments_to_cal_component):
	Do not close() if (fd == -1)

	* backends/file/e-cal-backend-file.c (fetch_attachments):
	Do not close() if (fd == -1)

2007-05-16  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

	* camel-lock.c (camel_lock_dot): Use g_mkstemp()

	* camel-folder-summary.c (camel_folder_summary_save): Fix file
	descriptor leak.  fclose() a fdopen() stream instead of
	close()'ing the underlying file descriptor.

	* camel-uid-cache.c (camel_uid_cache_save): Cleanups, such as
	setting cache->fd = -1 when fd has been closed.

	* camel-block-file.c (key_file_use): Do not close() if (fd == -1)

	* camel-index-control.c (do_perf): Fix file descriptor leak

	* camel-charset-map.c (main): Check for return value

	* camel-text-index.c (dump_raw): Fix file descriptor leak

	* camel-lock.c (main): Fix file descriptor leak.

	* camel-lock-client.c (camel_lock_helper_init): Fix file
	descriptor leak

	* camel-process.c (camel_process_fork): Fix file descriptor leak

2007-05-12  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

	* camel-store.h (CamelFolderInfo): Change type of unread and total
	members to gint32 instead of guint32. The previous unsigned members
	are initialized to a negative value (-1) by many CamelFolderInfo
	producers. To do that is ugly. Changing the type to a signed data
	type will make a negative initialization value acceptable. We
	won't be able to index folders with more than ~2 billion messages,
	but who has that many anyway?

2007-05-16  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

	* camel-spool-summary.c (spool_summary_sync_full): Use g_mkstemp()

2007-05-14  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

	* camel-mh-summary.c (mh_summary_next_uid_string): Do not close()
	if (fd == -1).

	* camel-spool-summary.c (spool_summary_sync_full): alloca()
	changed into malloc().  alloca() has undefined behaviour for stack
	overflow so it shouldn't really be used unless there is a *very*
	good reason. Cleanups related to this fix as well. Do not close()
	if (fd == -1).

2007-05-14  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

* camel-nntp-newsrc.c (camel_nntp_newsrc_read_for_server): Fix file descriptor leak

2007-05-11  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

* camel-sendmail-transport.c (sendmail_send_to): Fix file descriptor leak

2007-05-14  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

	* mime-filter/test-charset.c (main): Check return value

	* message/test2.c (convert): Check return value

2007-05-16  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

	* configure.in: Removed unused function check

2007-05-14  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

* libedataserver/e-db3-utils.c (cp_file): Cleanup. Fix file descriptor leak.

* libedataserver/md5-utils.c (md5_get_digest_from_file): Fix file descriptor leak

ChangeLog entries for Evolution:
================================

2005-08-03  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

* gui/component/addressbook-view.c: Added forward references to functions that were
	used before being defined.

2006-11-02  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

	* evolution-shell.pc.in (execversion): Added variable so that
	the Evolution version is easily deduced programmatically.

2007-05-28  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

	* em-utils.c (em_utils_selection_set_urilist): Fix file leak
	(em_utils_selection_get_urilist): Fix file leak

* importers/evolution-outlook-importer.c (import_outlook_import): Fix file leak

* importers/mail-importer.c (import_mbox_import): Impossible code branch commented

* importers/netscape-importer.c (netscape_import_filters): Fix file leak
	(netscape_init_prefs): Fix file leak

2007-05-11  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

* mail-config.c (mail_config_signature_run_script): file descriptor leaks fixed

2007-05-11  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

	* em-junk-filter.c (pipe_to_sa_full): File descriptor leaks fixed.
	Fixes bug #437664.

2007-05-28  Jules Colding  <colding omesc com>

	* main.c (main): Prevent dup2() and close() on -1

Best regards,
  jules