[Evolution-hackers] Hide main window plugin

Hello all,

As a first attempt at hacking Evolution, I am trying to rewrite the
mail-notification plugin in order to have the status icon permanently in
the system tray and to make it possible to hide/show the Evolution main
window by clicking the icon.

The first part isn't that difficult, but I am having some difficulties
with the hiding/showing. Based on the example on [0], I have been able
to make a small standalone demo. However, to hide/show the window, it
calls gtk_widget_hide() and gtk_window_present(). The problem is that
these require a pointer to the window in question.

Is it even possible to do this in a plugin and if yes, how do I get a
hold of such a pointer to the main Evolution window?

Thanks,
Jeroen

[0]
http://yettocome.blogspot.com/2007/08/gtk-system-tray-icon-example.html