[Evolution-hackers] Evolution LDAP backend

Hi all,

has anybody used the evoldap backend to set up a default LDAP
address book?

The LDAP backend for evolution mail accounts works great, I just
followed the instructions here:

http://live.gnome.org/Evolution_2fGConfLDAPBackend

and everything worked as expected.

However I was not able to set a default LDAP address book. I have
tweaked /etc/gconf/2/evoldap.conf in various ways, and I can make it
set the /apps/evolution/addressbook/sources variable with the values
I want, got from an LDAP query. However evolution keeps overwriting the
variable with its own default values.

It feels like something wrong with the $(EVOLUTION_UID) value that the
evoldap backend uses to set the variable.

Of course setting the LDAP address book manually from evolution works
fine.

Thanks,

Free