Re: [Evolution-hackers] Error storing summary.

On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 11:07 +0000, ritz wrote:
> Hello
>
>  sorry to barge in.
>
> On Mon, 2008-05-12 at 15:34 +0530, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
> > Sankar,
> >
> > Yet another solution for this problem will be to (re)write the local
> > backend using the camel-offline-folder model, where every mail in the
> > folder is stored in a distributed fashion, avoiding one huge mbox or
> > huge files in a directory and also solves issues like unlink the file to
> > delete a mail etc.
> Is there any plan to implement this, or maildir format ? I am currently
> approaching close to a gig, wrt, mbox file size which aint so good for
> backup :(

Might be possible if you first configure an IMAP account and then go to
gconf-editor and change the URL-string to a maildir://something, that
you can get the UI to load a maildir instead ...

The code for maildir is there, I think only Evolution's UI just doesn't
support it.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
http://pvanhoof.be/blog