[Evolution-hackers] Disabled code in Evolution has a bug

Hi there,

In Evolution this code is not used (imap_parse_namespace_response ->
imap_namespace_decode), nonetheless it contains a bug.

If the delimiter for a namespace is NIL, the imap_next_word will search
for the first space. This ain't correct if there are no parameters to
parse. For example (("MyShared" NIL)).

http://tinymail.org/trac/tinymail/changeset/3263#file2

I'm adding Jeffrey in CC because I think he once intended to use this
code to improve namespace support?

Camel-lite has gotten too specific in this area of the code: it supports
the shared and personal namespace by only asking for LSUB recursively
for those two namespaces, and LIST and LSUB for the personal namespace.

The namespace-line parsing, however, is recovered from things that I
found in existing (but not used) camel's imap code.

ps. I commented out the original line in camel-lite because the += 3
might not be the right fix (perhaps is fixing imap_next_word better).

Hf.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
http://pvanhoof.be/blog