Re: [Evolution-hackers] Exchange 2007 - MAPI Provider preview

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 00:47 +0530, Suman Manjunath wrote:
> to be able to use the MAPI plugin, your Exchange mailbox should be
> enabled for MAPI. this is a setting on the server. it is a common
> issue to not have it enabled.

Curious.  Does that mean that Outlook can talk to an Exchange mailbox
WITHOUT having it enabled for MAPI?  I would like to know more about
this.  One putative advantage of using MAPI, to me, would be that the
corporate IT department wouldn't even know you're using Evolution.  They
wouldn't have to make ANY changes specifically for Evo users, not even
to enable OWA (if they didn't have it enabled already).

So, if there are still Exchange mods that have to be made beyond what's
needed for Outlook users we should get in front of that I think.

Cheers!

 Paul D. Smith <psmith gnu org>                 http://make.mad-scientist.us
 "Please remain calm--I may be mad, but I am a professional."--Mad Scientist