Re: [Evolution-hackers] segfault with evolution client functions and g_modules

No, that is a plugin for opensync. (http://www.opensync.org)

> > opensync are loaded with g_module_open(). If i now call for example
> > e_book_get_addressbooks() inside the module and unload the modul, i get
> > a segmentation fault while the return of the main function!
> > If i do not unload the modul, the main returns fine.
> >
> > Maybe i need something like a Finalize()-methode for the EDS client API.

- opensync load the opensync-plugin with g_module_open()
- than opensync execute a function of the opensync-plugin which execute
the e_book_get_addressbooks() function
- after that opensync unload the opensync-plugin with g_module_close()
- when the program reaches the end (return of main) i get a segfault

Maybe the EDS client api uses the default g_main_loop and wants to
execute some code while exiting the program. But at this point the
plugin is already unloaded and the code not executable (SYMBOLS are
unloaded). So it would be necessary to detach the EDS client from the
g_main_loop. A finalize()-methode were great to do that.

I hope somebody can follow me and help to solve the problem.

Best Regards,
Daniel