Re: [Evolution-hackers] Linker Problems on Fedora 7

> > problems, and am trying to adapt an answer I got then, by editing
> the
> > configure files by hand to add ' -lssl -lcrypto  -lsasl2' to the
> compile
> > test lines. That allows configure to work.
> >   But then in compiling evolution-exchange the same problem is hit
> > again, and I am not sure where I can add such a 'fix' (hack) so
> > configure does not overwrite it.
> >      Can anyone advise please?
>
> Hi Bill, I maintain Evolution on Fedora.
>
> Could you post the configure and/or compiler errors you're getting?  I
> wrestled with linker errors in this area recently and might be able to
> help.
>
> Matthew Barnes
>
> ____________
  Thanks Matthew.
      Maybe I should be taking the redhat src rpm apart?

If I just download the release and configure/compile it then configure
it using  /usr/lib/evolution-openldap (and also I had to
add  /usr/include/nspr4) then it does not find  ldap_open or ntlm_bind.
checking for ldap_open in -lldap... no
checking for ldap_ntlm_bind... no

The reason is that the compilation test command does not pull in various
libraries:

configure:28487: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lldap
-L/usr/lib/evolution-openldap/lib /usr/lib/evolution-openldap/lib/liblber.a -lresolv -lnsl  >&5

If I add " -lssl -lcrypto  -lsasl2" to the end of the configure line
then configure is happy. But when I come to compile evolution-exchange I
hit the same problem again.
     Does that sound familiar?
     Thanks,
          Bill