Re: [Evolution-hackers] QRESYNC implementation for Camel-lite

On Thu Oct 18 00:41:39 2007, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
I implemented support for QRESYNC in Tinymail's camel-lite. I never
tested this because somehow the MBox copy that the friendly guys at
Isode gave me, is not starting up and I know of no other IMAP server
that already offers the QRESYNC capability.

Thanks for the bragging-by-proxy. :-)

I think we're the first to have a released product, but I'm not certain we're the only ones who've implemented it. Most of the other closed-source companies have much longer release cycles that we do. (We made 12 releases this year, and we're not slowing yet).

We're certainly not the only ones to have things like CONDSTORE, which is much harder work, and gets both client and server 90% of the way there, so QRESYNC will probably start to appear soon.

I'll retry tomorrow after actually reading the documentation that came
with it.

Reading the docs? You're weird...

I'm for example not sure about the VANISHED reply (and the exact meaning
of that "earlier" parameter).

EARLIER indicates that the VANISHED response you're looking at doesn't refer to an event that's just occured, but to one (or lots) that occured at some unspecified point in time, probably when you weren't looking.

To put it another way, these EARLIER ones are resynchronization data, and not event notifications.

ps. I added the nice folks at Evolution in CC, as some of these code
warriors are planning to migrate some of newer features in camel-lite to
upstream camel.

Hoorah - I know several people within Isode using Evolution who'll be happy at that. Feel free to bug me if there's anything I can do to help (test accounts, etc).

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave cridland net - xmpp:dwd jabber org
 - http://dave.cridland.net/