Re: [Evolution-hackers] How does evo find its components? (switching installs of evo)

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 13:17 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
> How does Evolution decide where to get e-d-s, plugins, etc.?  How can I
> reset it to run the ones in /usr/bin and ignore the stuff in /opt/evo?
> I don't remember doing anything special to switch it over to /opt/evo in
> the first place.

You can control it with environment variables:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/evo/lib

   Overrides the search path for dynamically loaded libraries.

BONOBO_ACTIVATION_PATH=/opt/evo/lib/bonobo/servers

   Overrides the search path for Bonobo servers.

These need to be set at run time.

Hope this helps,
Matthew Barnes