Re: [Evolution-hackers] Removing libical fork, moving to new upstream?

On Sun, 2007-05-20 at 15:03 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I discovered last week that there is an attempt to resurrect libical
> from non-maintainership, merge all of the patches from various forks,
> and start making sane releases again[1].  Are the evolution team as
> whole interested in merging their changes to libical upstream and
> depending on it to be installed when a release is made with all of the
> relevant changes?  libical isn't exactly a small library, and statically
> linking it is a waste of memory for everyone.

I vaguely recall the biggest diff being timezone handling.

> I'll happily start working on extracting the changes to EDS and pushing
> them into the new libical repository, if the Evolution team as a whole
> agrees that the fork of libical will be dropped.

I'd suggested waiting to see a pattern of stable releases before moving
externally, but getting the patches upstream would be good.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
Novell, Inc.