Re: [Evolution-hackers] No "Reply All" for Evolution (3) ? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

I think the "Reply to All" button is pretty important. I just used it
now to reply to your message.

When I click the "Send" button I expect it to do just that: send the
message. I don't want my mail program to be asking me a whole stack of
questions. Worse than that, it will not ask me those questions
consistently but only if there's multiple recipients. So, instead of
hitting "Send" and then immediately switching my mental focus onto
something else I may or may not be interrupted with further questions.

How about a configuration option where you can specify what default
action you want the reply button to take? Much like the ability to set
how messages are forwarded: inline, attachment, quoted, etc you could
have the options: Reply to Sender/Reply-to: (the default and same as
current "Reply" button), Reply to All (the same as the "Reply to All"
button), Reply to Sender Only (Ignores any Reply-to: header and only
replies to the sender. This doesn't exist in Evolution at the moment but
I would really, really, REALLY like it!).

Plus, no matter which one of the three actions you set to be the default
for the "Reply" button, all three are available under the "Message"
menu.

Sure, it doesn't solve the newbie issue but anyone who doesn't double
check who they're sending a message to before hitting "Send" deserves
what they get anyway. :-)