Re: [Evolution-hackers] Missing Icons

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 02:01 -0600, Jeshua Lacock wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I managed to get evolution 2.10.0 mostly working on Mac OS X.

Congrats. Once you are done with the build try to make an installer so
that everyone can use.

> Note that here on Mac OS X I had to build "libevolution-mail.so" and
> "libevolution-calendar.so" as a dynamic library (.dylib) file instead
> of shared object (.so) to get things linked. The .so objects are also
> needed, but I had to create .dylibs for LD to be happy. Generally Mac
> OS X does not like linking to a .so...
>
> But, I now have missing icons, and no errors are being reported
> regarding the missing icons. In previous build attempts, I was also
> missing icons and a was getting an error about hicolor not being
> located (I no longer have the exact message, and I determined that
> there was a problem with my libpixbufloader).  I then rebuilt my
> entire GNOME/GTK and now I do not get any errors, but to my surprise
> the icons are still missing.
>
> Note that Gnumeric (1.6.3) built on the same GNOME/GTK build does not
> have any missing icons, and appears normal.

oh, Wait! I faced this while I built evo on mac.

Try setting XDG_DATA_DIRS to your share folder. It should solve the
issue.

Also, check if you have installed your hicolor or some theme. If you
launch gnome-theme-manager once and then start Evolution it should show
all the icons.