Re: [Evolution-hackers] SpamBayes

man, 23 07 2007 kl. 01:30 -0600, skrev Sankar P:
Sorry for the slow answer, vacation time :-)

> On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 18:17 +0200, Rasmus Toftdahl Olesen wrote:
> > Hi There
> >
> > I am the author of the SpamBayes using spam filtering plugin for
> > Evolution, so far i seem to have things working nicely (i based my code
> > on the Bogofilter plugin).
> >
> > But there is one thing i am missing, i would like to be able to track
> > which messages have been marked as what - in SpamBayes you need to
> > untrain a wrongly tagged message before you can train on it tagged the
> > right way.
> >
> > In other words, a message can have three states: not rated, junk or
> > not-junk. If the user wishes to train a message as e.g. junk i need to
> > know if it has previously been trained as not-junk (so i can untrain it)
> > before i train it as junk.
> >
> > Rather than maintaining a database of "seen" messages on my own, i
> > thought it would be nice (as well as a good debugging feature) to be
> > able to add a custom header (X-Evolution-Spambayes-Plugin) to each
> > message as it is seen by the SpamBayes plugin, this would allow me to
> > see whether the message is new or not.
> >
> > Is this possible?
>
> Try using camel_medium_add_header. Attached is a patch. Verify.
I tried using camel_medium_add_header instead, but from what i can
gather, camel_medium_set_header does that automatically if the header
doesn't exist already.

> Your plugin needs to be improved a little more. The bazaar sources link
> leads to an empty page. If I download the source tarball, it does not
> have configure.in so I can't run autogen. I needed that because your
> configure script had 2.10 hard-coded. Trunk is 2.11.*
The newer autoconf uses configure.ac instead of configure.in - so that
is what i am shipping instead. But anyway, is there something i can add
to the PKG_CHECK_MODULES call in configure.ac to ask for
evolution-plugin >= 2.10 ? As i see it i have to depend on a specific
version since the pkg-config name is evolution-plugin-2.10.

The bazaar link should be working ok, it's just that bazaar sources are
stored in a .bzr subfolder - the bzr client knows what to do ;-)

--
Rasmus Toftdahl Olesen <halfdan halfdans net>
halfdans.net