[Evolution-hackers] Template Plugin

Hello all...

I'm thinking about writing a plugin that would allow me to select a
portion of text, right click, choose a "Make Template" option, and store
this text somewhere to be reinserted into future e-mails later. I doubt
I'm the first person to ask for something like this, so my first
question is: does this already exist? :)

If not, does the Evolution plugin API provide hooks that would allow me
to do something this? Is it possible to get low-level access to the
widgets themselves, or is this hidden from the plugin API for integrity
reasons?