Re: [Evolution-hackers] Changing fields in the message list view

Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
> Hi Alfredo,
>
> Le samedi 13 janvier 2007 à 19:01 +0000, Alfredo Matos a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just started to try hacking away at evolution. But i could use a
>> few valuable pointers:
>>
>> In the mail view, on the message list i want to do the following:
>>
>> 1) Change the From field to display the just the Sender's name, or just
>> the email if the name does not exist.
> As I just discovered (really something like 5 minutes ago) that it is
> already present in evolution. Just right click on the column header,
> select add a column and choose "Sender" (rough translation) instead of
> "From".
>
>> 2) Change the Date format from 12h to 24h.
> I'm not sure about this, but I think it is related to the definition of
> your locale in glibc.
>
>> I've reached as far as the evolution-data-server source, looking at the
>> camel code, particularly at CamelMessageInfo and CamelMessageInfoBase.
>> Am i on the right track ? Would appreciate some pointers towards where
>> to code this...
> I've found the feature of your first point by looking at
> mail/message-list.c

Thanks, on both accounts. Setting LC_TIME is sufficient to change date
format. But still, it would be nice to have a tick box 12/24h somewhere
in the config.

Great finding, Sender is what i was looking for. IMHO it should probably
be the default.

regards,
Alfredo