Re: [Evolution-hackers] Where to put UI items for templates (Bug #127529)

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 13:32 +0530, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 00:38 -0700, Sankar P wrote:
> > If all you need is just a non-deleting draft, you can use "Edit as new
> > message". I have felt that this shouldn't be restricted to Sent-items
> > alone as we allow configurable sent-folders. IIRC, there is a bug for
> > this as well.
> >
> > Srini: Shall we make this available on all folders ?
>
> Im not for this feature against templates. I feel that templates should
> be treated seperately. But I feel that this menu item should be enabled
> for all folder, unless it breaks mail abstraction if any.

I am not sure if my previous mail made it clear. I am not against
implementation of templates. All I wanted to say was: When you need just
a non-deleting draft you can use "Edit as new message" as one.

It is in the same way how we suggested people to use vFolders before we
came up with the account-level search.

Implementation of templates is a separate task that should be carried
out independent of the status of this.

--
Sankar