Re: [Evolution-hackers] improved rfc2047 decode patch

--- Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj novell com>wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-12-27 at 00:20 +0800, jacky wrote:
> > It seem that your patch don't support this kind of
> > encoded string:

=?gb2312?b?<any-encoded-text?==?gb2312?b?<any-encoded-text?=
> > Two encoded-words are not separated by any
> character.
>
> Are you sure? I wrote the code to be able to handle
> this case and I just
> tested it again (noticed that I didn't have a test
> case like this in my
> test suite so added one) and it works fine.
>
> Do you have an example subject/whatever header for
> me to test against?

I make my conclusion too hastiness. Yes, your patch
support this kind of email, but it didn't support the
email that break a single multi-byte character across
multiple encoded-word tokens, and when it decode the
header that break a encoded-word token across two
lines, there is no result display on evolution, for
example, the Subject is empty.
I'll use Camle with your patch to check all email on
my mbox  and use gmime to decode all email header to
find out it's capacity.

> Jeff
>

> > --- Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj novell com>wrote:
> >
> > > This patch is a port of my GMime rfc2047 decoder
> > > which is even more
> > > liberal in what it accepts than Thunderbird and
> is
> > > what I will be
> > > committing to svn.
> > >
> > > closing bugs: